Friday, September 11, 2009

Saying Good-bye


Thursday, 9/3/2009 at 11:37AM I lost my beloved father. Myself and my sisters sat by his side holding his hands when he crossed over to be with our heavenly father, playing gospel music and singing. Dad loved gospel music and I know he could hear this beautiful music. It has been a week since his death and today is the first time I could write about our father.

Is this a dream ??? NO IT IS REAL, he was 89 years old and four days away from his
90th birthday. My heart is breaking, but I know, I would not bring him back to pain and suffering.

He was a decorated war hero, winning the 2nd highest metal for bravery "THE SILVER STAR" in WW2 and our hero.

We each expressed our good-byes, our family circle now has a huge gap---but one day it will be connected again. Dad will live in my heart always.

7 comments:

Rettabug said...

My I offer my deepest sympathies on the passing of your father, Sue.
My Dad was the same age when he died.
May the memories you have of your life with him surround you with comfort at this difficult time.

Unknown said...

my thoughts our with you. i lost my father 5 years ago. I had not talked to him 5 years prior. Feel good you walked him home. You were there and he was surrounded by his family. My dad was 60 , to young but he lived his life the way he wanted. that brings comfort to me. It sounds like your father lived a great life. mishelle

Tootsie said...

Oh friend. I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I am sure that knowing that he is in a beautiful and safe place now is helping your spirit stay strong.
The friends in Blogland will help you get through this.
Stay strong and know I will include you in my prayers!

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm glad you understand what a blessing it was that your father was a believer, and when he was passing was singing praises to God. He is with Jesus, and that must give you great comfort.

Hugs, Sue D.

Cindy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dad! My thoughts are with you!

Nola said...

Oh, Sue, I missed this post in September; I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my own Dad in Jan 2009 only 3 months short of his 92 b'day. It was hard to let go, but I know there was a joyful reunion in Heaven that day, as he once again was with my MOm, who we lost in Feb 2007.
I can tell you things will never be the same; but you will have a lifetime of memories to keep you going until the circle is once again unbroken. Time will dull the pain; I think that is God's way of keeping those of us left behind from going crazy without our loved ones.

Chandana said...

Well...
I know the pain of losing a parent..

If you are looking for some meditation on the word of God, and have the desire to live by the truth in the word of GOD, this blog is a gift from our heavenly Father..

http://www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

Please give a reading.

God bless you.